About Paleo Diet

What is the 'Paleo Diet'?

The diet is based on the belief that human beings have not yet evolved with a tolerance to grains and dairy or namely the 'agrarian' lifestyle brought about by farming and producing our own food sources. Instead it focuses its attention on returning to our ancestral roots of the hunter gatherers by consuming only foods that our ancestors would have eaten like grass fed organic meat, wild game, vegetables and minimal fruit.
The diet itself is not restrictive as some would believe and has numerous varieties of foods that can be consumed liberally without fear of gaining weight or causing any aggravation to one's body.


What will the 'Paleo Diet' do?

Due to the connection between processed carbs and refined sugars with diabetes, weight gain and heart disease the 'paleo diet' claims to aid in weight loss, reduce the chance of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease and may help with autoimmune diseases. Only minor scientific studies have been carried out to prove the validity of the diet and many sceptics still remain. However a diet that encourages the consumption of healthy natural and unprocessed alternatives to our current lifestyle is well worth looking at particularly when over 60% of the worlds population are obese or overweight.

Day 8 ~ Making Paleo Pancakes

Well I've officially made it past 1 week and I am feeling loads better... I've noticed a major improvement in my energy levels and have basically been able to do more housework in one week than what I have done in a month!
On a physical level I still experience mild joint discomfort but the stiffness and agony I was experiencing before has subsided. I feel more flexible and do literally feel like I could run a marathon.
Although I promised myself I would not make any recommendations until I complete the 90days (which will give me the most accurate results), I really do think that this is the perfect eating plan for somebody looking to lose weight. So far in only a week I have dropped back to almost my original weight before winter, in total that's a loss of 2 kilos already in only 7 days.
I'm not looking to lose any more weight, in fact I would eventually like to strengthen my body and get into Crossfit which would require building muscle.
My partner has also been eating most of the meals with me.. only cause I am the cook and he is lazy..lol... he has found it very hard because he is not feeling full all the time...
but that's what really appeals to me about the paleo plan, I really like that I can eat heaps and not feel weighed down for half the day just trying to digest my breakfast!
It takes a long time to get your head around not needing to feel full to be satisfied by food. Over eating is such a big part of weight gain and again, conditioning has us believing we need to feel full to the brim to be getting our nutrients. This couldn't be further from the truth and is actually a really unhealthy approach to food. In most cases over eating has an adverse effect in nutrient absorption mainly because it can cause all sorts of digestive disorders that can reduce the ability to draw nutrients from the food we eat.
So I guess the moral here is...
If you feel full... your body is saying stop eating! :)

Okay.. so today I had the same as usual...
5ml fish oil
5ml slippery elm paste and 1 VitKlenz tablet (which I am taking 3 times a day before eating)

Breakfast


Paleo fish breakfast
2 pieces of fish with salad and vinaigrette














Mid morning snack

Paleo pancakes with paleo chocolate sauce and strawberries



paleo pancakes with paleo chocolate sauce

How to make paleo pancakes;


Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 tbsp coconut butter
1/2 tbsp almond butter
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
1 tbsp flax meal
2 drops of vanilla essence
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp coconut almond meal (which I made out of the dry pulp I had left from making the milk yesterday)
100ml of home made almond milk

Method:
Just combine ingredients well and bake on an oiled and heated pan.


Lunch


paleo beef stir fry
Paleo beef stir fry with garlic, ginger, coriander seeds and assorted vegetables.
















licorice and ginger tea
Licorice root tea with ginger












Dinner


lamb chops and pork stuffed capsicum










Lamb chops with pork stuffed capsicum

No comments:

Post a Comment